Regional Field Manager for Let's Grow Kids
For Let's Grow Kids
- Engage current volunteers in their advocacy development, supporting their outreach activities by delivering materials, conducting one-on-one or small group trainings, and coordinating logistics, to cultivate strong supporters and leaders of the movement.
- Recruit volunteers via phone, email, and text to support priority campaign initiatives and activities, such as contacting legislators, letter-to-the-editor campaigns, direct action events, volunteering at events or phone/text banking.
- Identify and recruit new parent supporters statewide through campaign outreach activities and train and support them to become organizers and leaders of the movement in their communities.
- Support LGK Action Team leaders in planning meetings and events, sending out monthly Action Team agendas and other calls to action.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to plan, co-create, conduct, and participate in important regional outreach events such as community forums, public speaking opportunities, door-to-door conversations, and online activities.
- Support planning events, media events, virtual events, meetings, and trainings by delivering materials, coordinating logistics, and offering brief presentations about LGK/LGKAN strategies and calls to action.
- Support Communications Team in drafting materials and tools to support campaign actions for early childhood education.
- Support Policy and Communications Teams in recruiting parent and family voices as needed to take action on legislation, testimony, and story collection.
- Accurately track and report supporter and volunteer engagement in our database.
- Meet quarterly and yearly benchmarks and goals.
- Additional duties as assigned.
May 07, 2021
Requirements A well-qualified candidate will possess the following: Interest in and passion for the LGK mission and core values. 1-2 years of campaign field work, community organizing, or electoral work is preferred. An understanding of the challenges Vermont's child care crisis presents for parents and caregivers. Ability to listen well, communicate, and relate to others personally and professionally. Ability to motivate, train, and lead others to take action. Effective verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills. Highly self-motivated, detail and goal-oriented. Experience working in a team environment and ability to work independently. Proficiency using basic software-Word, Outlook, Excel, Zoom, SharePoint, Every Action/NGP-and ability to learn new software and database management skills. Interest in and ability to work across diverse cultures and constituencies and participate actively in the organization's diversity and equity efforts.
Montpelier, VT - While the position is currently remote, in-person meetings in LGK's Burlington and Montpelier offices will be required.
Salary range is $50,000-$53,000 plus a competitive benefits package that includes paid family leave and contribution to child care costs.