Residential Energy Auditor
To carry out energy audits and field evaluations of residential energy efficiency and building performance projects; and to produce customer and/or internal reports regarding results of analysis of this field data.
Position Reports to: Manager – Energy Services Manager
WHAT ARE THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION?
- Perform energy audits in the field for VGS residential customers, including but not limited to measuring building dimensions and checking the construction, condition and insulating value of building components (i.e. windows, doors, walls, etc.); Inventorying space and water heating equipment and appliances; performing blower door and combustion efficiency testing to determine air infiltration and operating efficiency of building and heating equipment respectively.
- Develop potential retrofit measures list based on field data, screen measure cost-effectiveness, and prepare customer reports.
- Perform quality control inspections of installation contractors and participating builders. Including site visits during installations, and visual and/or measured verification of completed installations, to ensure that job specifications are met, and customers are satisfied.
- Assist Energy Services Manager to continually seek the means to enhance program delivery and ensure program cost-effectiveness.
- Stay current with trade publications, on-line sources, professional contacts, and training opportunities to keep abreast of industry trends and developments.
- Other duties as required or requested.