The Sales Coordinator is responsible for supporting the overall function of the
Sales Department at Basin Harbor Resort & Boat Club.
Sales administrative function includes detailing and servicing groups, family reunions, as well as day groups and golf. This role will support existing group business as well as develop and service new business, as it fits into week-to-week responsibilities. Acts as a resource for entire property regarding on-property group information, banquet event order detailing and distribution, and ensures efficient administration operations for the sales office. Works closely with Group Sales Manager, Event Production Manager, Marketing & Communications Coordinator and Director of Sales & Revenue. Some weekend shifts required depending on bookings and events.
Diversity helps us build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Responsibilities and Duties:
Sales Coordinator will perform the following duties personally or through other departments within Basin Harbor Resort & Boat Club:
- Answer questions about a hotel's event options over the phone or via email
- Give potential customers tours of the facilities
- Present information about service options, including renting sound equipment podiums, tables, chairs and linens,
- Plan, up-sell and outline details of assigned events, with clients including; space requirements, times, equipment, menus, etc. Completes banquet event orders, prepares the appropriate paperwork, coordinates with the appropriate areas in the resort, resolves any issues, complaints and/or problems to ensure quality product delivery and customer satisfaction
- Request, receive, and process payments for group events
- Provide information and assistance to employees, vendors, and business contacts regarding routine questions or issues; initiates problem resolution
- Organize the sales office including communicating a schedule of deliverables from sales team to the resort, inter-resort distribution of information, reader board and other group schedule distribution, coordinating office meetings and activities
- Coordinate conference room availability and schedules for in-house meetings and events
- Group specific office tasks including making signage, assisting with billing, and ordering amenities
- Hold sales department to established standard operating procedures; includes timely distribution of information internally, annual and scheduled updates to sales tools including menus, email templates, and photo inventory
- Attend required meetings such as BEO and departmental meetings.
- Update operations and support staff calendars and interacts with other resort staff to ensure constant and consistent communication is maintained
- Perform general office tasks including copying, faxing, scanning, filing, and stocking supplies
- Assist with inquiries from resort staff and guests as needed
- Assist other employees with routine tasks and paperwork as needed or as delegated by management
- Perform special projects at request of Director of Sales and Revenue
Essential Qualifications and Competencies:
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from a college or combination of education, training or experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform this position’s job duties
- 1-2 years of experience in the hospitality field with an emphasis in sales preferred.
- Working knowledge of Delphi, Salesforce, or other catering and hotel booking software is ideal.
- Extremely strong customer service skill set with experience responding to high level demand customer base
- Demonstrated proficiency and accuracy in using MS Office products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Professionalism and confidentiality are essential, with a strong commitment to providing outstanding customer service
- Considerable knowledge of business English, spelling and punctuation, office practices and procedures
- Ability to consistently display courtesy, etiquette, and enthusiasm on the phone and in person
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to maintain comprehensive and cohesive records
- Must possess the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to write and communicate in a professional manner
- Ability to shift focus from big picture to “getting things done” as necessary
- Ability to operate and trouble-shoot general office equipment (e.g., copier, fax, etc.)
- Ability to adjust schedule, work overtime and be present during the changing business needs
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Stand, sit, walk for extended periods of time as necessary
- Lift 40 pounds
- Must be aware of the importance of safety and security. Endeavor to be conscious of safety and security at all times. Friendly and courteous to guests and fellow team members at all times.
- U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is an absolute requirement.
- Must be willing and able to pass a background check