Service Coordinator: Site Based
The Service Coordinator works under the direction of the Associate Director of Resident Services and in partnership with members of the Property Management team to reduce chronic homelessness and incidences of eviction among CHT’s guests, residents, and tenants by coordinating access to critical health and wellness services and housing resources for individuals and families who are currently experiencing homelessness, or were formerly homeless and currently housed at Champlain Housing Trust. The Service Coordinator will take a proactive approach to engaging with assigned individuals, using empathy, tact, and professionalism to build trusting relationships that promote participation and result in participant access to long-term successful housing placement. The Service Coordinator will also assist the Associate Director of Resident Services in the implementation and maintenance of a case management system to allow accurate, real-time tracking and communication of progress to all critical internal team members and partners.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Work as a site-based Service Coordinator for formerly homeless individuals and families who have moved into newly opened CHT apartment
· Provide support to participants moving into housing.
· Collaborate with Property Management, Applications and Compliance teams to assist in screening and moving new tenants into housing.
· Assume Resident Services/Service Coordinator duties at other assigned sites to cover the gradual migration of households to other locations in the portfolio.
· Contribute as needed to Resident Services team to collaborate at other CHT properties
· Work in collaboration with Property Managers to resolve tenant conflict/lease violations.
· Build trusting relationships with guests, residents, and tenants to develop a comprehensive knowledge of each resident.
· Proactively contact assigned guests, residents or tenants, using personal introductions, door knocking, and other techniques that may be
required to make initial and ongoing contact with each individual to promote successful long-term housing placement.
· Work with guests, residents, and tenants to ascertain needs and assist in identifying and accessing applicable services offered by CHT or partner agencies as appropriate to prevent eviction and homelessness.
· Support the Resident Services Manager in the implementation and maintenance of a case management tracking system, including the ongoing, timely entry of status updates and applicable notes regarding progress.
· Provide education to participants to help them become self-sufficient.
· Check in with assigned residents and resident communities and be available for support, conflict resolution, and crisis intervention as directed by the Associate Director of Resident Services.
· Provide resources to help guests, residents, and tenants resolve social interaction challenges in consultation with the Associate Director of Resident Services.
· Plays an active role on The Resident Services Team
· Acts as advocate for guests, residents, and tenants as appropriate.
· Attends meetings with partner agencies and collaboration groups as required.
· Performs timely and accurate data entry to track status of each assigned individual or household’s progress.
· Work on special projects as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.