Cox Automotive is currently looking for a Supervisor, Credit and Collections to join our team in Burlington, Vermont.
The Supervisor, Credit and Collections will report to the Billing Manager and will supervise Accounts Receivable and Credit and Collections functions. The Supervisor will oversee a team of Specialists and will be responsible for guiding the team through the collection process using best practices, resulting in reduction of past due accounts, issuing refunds, and ensuring proper credits issued. The responsibilities of the role include daily AR analysis to ensure proper account setup, client escalations, and monthly client past due notices. The Supervisor will also be responsible for the daily oversight of the team as well as development and performance activities. The incumbent will collaborate with an outside Collection Agency on bad debt.
Additional responsibilities include monthly presentation of AR analysis to leadership and the Specialist team.
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, able to prioritize and multitask, and possess strong analytical, organizational and communication skills. She/he must have a proven track record of success in Accounts Receivable and experience leading a team within the AR or billing function.
- Daily oversight of four specialists to include workflow, escalation point of contact and all performance activities.
- Weekly analysis of AR reports identifying areas of need including largest balances, never paid, aged balances and skipped invoices with communication of these findings to team members.
- Weekly recurring check-ins with Specialists reviewing collection portfolio. Assisting with determining necessary action and negotiate settlements.
- Develop, maintain, and enforce company policies and procedures, recommend and implement process improvements.
- Prepare weekly collection status reports.
- Submitting placements of bad debt to Outside Collection Agencies.
- Adhere to credit and collection policies.
- Communicate with Accounting Department on AR \-related issues with regards to bad debt and credit memos.
- Process improvement activities within payment processing in order to deliver on AR more quickly.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by Billing Management.