Oversees fuel deliveries and ensures that woodchips are transported to the steam generator atthe McNeil Generating Station. Responsibilities also include the operation and routinemaintenance of fuel-handling equipment including front end loaders. This position is part of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) union.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operates all wood-handling equipment up to the surge bin at the boiler front.
- Performs routine maintenance including lubrication, of all wood-handling equipment andfront-end loaders.
- Assist the maintenance staff as needed.
- May be required to operate a large front-end loader for up to 12 hours per day transportingwood to or from the fuel storage area.
- Weighs and deposits woodchips from trucks in prescribed manner.
- Supplies wood to Station and transports wood within the Station as directed.
- Loads wood ash into trucks for off-site disposal.
- Fills out loader inspection sheet before operating any loader.
- Assists Senior Station Operator, Station Operator and Auxiliary Operator as required.
- Reports any maintenance needs to Shift Supervisor.
- Responsible for cleaning assigned area.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- Unloads woodchips from railcars.
- Perform other duties as required.