Youth and Family Programs Coordinator
This position is responsible for all administrative aspects of youth and family art programs at theBCA Studios including youth and family classes, afterschool classes, school break workshops,summer camps and other programs. This is an essential position that works directly with theBCA Education Director, 20-25 teaching artists, and numerous community members, studentsand parents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop, plan and schedule BCA youth, teen and family studio art classes, afterschoolclasses, school break workshops, summer camps and other programs at the BCA Studiosin close collaboration with the Education Director and instructors. This includes creatingclass/camp descriptions for BCA’s six studios: Clay, Draw/Paint, Print, DarkroomPhotography, Digital Photography and Jewelry.
- Recruit, hire, train and manage all instructors required for the programs.
- Responsible for instructor HR paperwork completion and timely submission of bi-weeklytimesheets.
- Support all youth/family instructors with class planning, class rosters and administer classevaluations.
- Order/purchase required materials/supplies for all youth programs.
- Assist BCA education team with studio organization, cleaning and maintenance.
- Communicate with students, the general public and BCA staff in a welcoming,professional, and timely manner.
- Assist with class/camp registrations, payments, customer service and correspondence.
- Plan and manage youth/family program budget and track youth/family program incomesand expenses.
- Attend weekly staff meetings with BCA education team, monthly BCA staff meetings, ArtsEducation Committee meetings and other meetings and trainings as required.
- Run BCA Studio camp operations in the summer for 8 weeks. Tasks include:communication with campers, parents, instructors, and camp volunteers; preparingdetailed camp rosters and ensuring all student info forms are complete for all campers;managing camper check-ins and check-outs every day; supervision of campers duringcamp lunch break; managing teaching assistants, scheduling, training and managing 10-15 camp volunteers; and other camp duties as required.
- Coordinate the annual Children’s Art Exhibit and Ceremony in March.
- Liaise with local youth organizations on behalf of BCA to connect BCA Programming totheir needs (such as King Street, Sara Holbrook Center, Boys and Girls Club, etc.).
- Collaborate with internal BCA education staff and other city departments including Parksand Recreation and Fletcher Free Library to increase access to communityprograms/events focused on youth/families including Kids Day, Police Athletic League(PAL) camp, etc.
- Work with other BCA key staff including the BCA Communications Director to promoteprograms.
- Assist with BCA community festivals including Highlight (Dec. 31) and Festival of Fools inJuly or August.
- Administrative tasks and other duties as assigned.