Purpose – The Youth Interventionist works to provide early intervention services to youth in the Winooski community, serving as the first contact once youth behavior exceeds the Restorative Justice interventions at school and rises to the level of referral from the School Resource Officer. This position works closely with the School Resources Officer and Community Services, and manages referrals that occur outside of school. In all instances the Youth Interventionist seeks to address not only individual and community harm, but also external factors that led to the behaviors that precipitated the referral.
See more information on job responsibilities: https://www.winooskivt.gov/DocumentCenter/View/3649/Youth-Interventionist-Posting-2020
Sep 10, 2020
Minimum Job Skills, Knowledge, Skills, and Aptitudes, and Qualifications:
• B.A. or B.S. in Human Services or other social service field or equivalent in a combination of college education and experience.
• Experience working with at-risk youth in a restorative justice or other community setting.
• Knowledge of and experience working with communities of color and an understanding of systemic and institutional racial bias.
• Knowledge of and experience with Restorative Justice, dynamics of offending, corrections system, criminal justice system, process of change, and/or social work.
• Ability to effectively collaborate with community agencies and partners, including schools and law enforcement.
• Ability to explain information in a clear and concise approach so that it can be understood regardless of the recipient’s cultural, educational, or socio-economic background.
• Highly organized and able to multi-task diverse responsibilities. Be a self-starter who is highly skilled at keeping track of details and following through on all work to closure.
• Ability to maintain discretion with confidential and sensitive information.
B.A. or B.S. in Human Services or other social service field or equivalent in a combination of college education and experience.
27 West Allen St. Winooski, VT 05404
Compensation and Schedule:
10-12 hours per week
How to apply - Internal Candidates: Submit Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. External Candidates: Submit City of Winooski Application, Cover Letter and Resume to Human Resources at https://www.winooskivt.gov/jobs