Join our Board of Directors
Interested in supporting women and youth at every stage of their career journeys?
Passionate about creating a more equitable Vermont?
Looking for a new way to lead in your community?
We’d love to talk with you about becoming a Board member!
VWW’s Board is made up of individuals passionate about promoting economic justice and advancing gender equity. As a group we bring energy and creative thinking to help the organization continue to grow its impact. Read about the role of a VWW Board member below, and fill out this form if you are interested in joining. If you have any questions, please reach out to Executive Director Rhoni Basden.
VWW Board members...
- Are ambassadors for VWW by attending VWW events, participating in advocacy activities, and making connections on behalf of VWW in the community.
- Steward donors, partners and the community to support VWW by cultivating positive relationships.
- Provide insights that inform VWW's strategic priorities.
- Serve a three-year term, attending and actively engaging in 8 board meetings a year.
- Serve on one of four committees:
- Stewardship: works to support and encourage Board members to be strong ambassadors and effective partners.
- Governance: oversees all efforts to ensure that the Board’s structures and practices adhere to the organization by-laws, reflect the highest integrity and ethical standards, and support VWW’s strategic plan.
- Finance: oversees the Board’s fiduciary duties by regularly monitoring the organization’s financials and ensuring that Board members have the information they need to assess VWW’s financial health and sustainability.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: helps identify equity, inclusion and diversity strengths, issues and opportunities within the organization and works to ensure that board members effectively present VWW priorities and processes to the larger community.