(Video Transcript) Hello! I am Paige Ruffner, Women’s Program Manager for Employment and Career Services for Vermont Works for Women.
Welcome to the Skills for Workplace Success!
There are several things you can do to support your success in a job. Here, you will find workshops to take a closer look at:
- how to speak up for yourself or advocate for your needs on the job,
- how to foster a growth mindset so you can develop professionally to advance in your job or career thus increasing your salary potential,
- and how to be a leader even if your work role is not in supervision or management.
We also provide additional resources for these topics and more such as communicating assertively, listening actively, setting SMART goals, giving and receiving feedback, managing and resolving conflict, decision-making and time management.
I encourage you to explore these resources. At the bottom of this page, you will find a link to contact me directly to meet virtually, by phone, or in-person about any questions you have or to better understand the topics. I can meet with you free of charge and for as often as necessary. There are no income eligibility requirements and our confidential services are available to all women and people marginalized for their gender identity, aged 16 years and older, anywhere in Vermont.
communication and active listening
- VT Works for Women's Guide to Assertive Communication and Active Listening
- Communication Styles for Career Success (Video)
- Communication Skills for Workplace Success
- VT Works for Women's Guide to Time Management
- Tips for Effective Time Management (Video)
- 10 Ways to Improve Your Time Management Skills
giving and receiving feedback
- VT Works for Women's Guide to Giving and Receiving Feedback
- The Secret to Giving Great Feedback (Video)
- Giving and Receiving Feedback: Definitions and Examples