Trailblazers: Women in the Construction Trades
Vermont Works for Women's Trailblazers is a training program to support the entry and success of women and gender non-conforming individuals in construction and the trades. For participants, it is an opportunity to obtain or increase skills and certifications for jobs that are in high demand. For employers, it is a way to develop existing staff and identify new candidates to fill critical job openings. Trailblazers is open to women and gender non-conforming individuals ages 16+, no experience necessary!
July 6 - August 21, 2021
Location: Carpenters Local 349/352 Training Facility, 5 Gregory Drive, South Burlington, Vt.
- 7 weeks of hands-on training (held evenings and Saturdays) taught by NCCER Certified female instructors and Vermont tradespeople, covering core construction, electrical, HVAC, and solar skills
- Nationally recognized certifications (NCCER Core Curriculum, OSHA 10)
- Access to mentors, job shadows, on-the-job training, and one-on-one job/apprenticeship placement support
- A safe, non-judgmental environment for individuals to build skills, gain confidence and explore fields that tend to be male-dominated, but where research shows time and again women have equal abilities to thrive and succeed
- Scholarships available through VSAC
Work with your hands and gain new skills
Expand the diversity of your workforce