Trailblazers: Women in Energy AND Construction
Vermont Works for Women's Trailblazers is a pre-apprenticeship training program to support the entry and success of women in energy and construction. For women, it is an opportunity to obtain or increase skills and certifications for jobs that are in high demand. For employers, it is a way to develop existing staff and identify new candidates to fill critical job openings. The 10-week program is free and open to women and gender non-conforming individuals ages 16+, no experience necessary!
- 10-weeks of free hands-on training (held evenings and Saturdays) taught by NCCER Certified female instructors and Vermont tradespeople, covering basic construction, electrical, plumbing, and solar skills.
- Nationally recognized certifications (NCCER Core Curriculum, OSHA 10, CPR & First Aid)
- Access to mentors, job shadows, and one-on-one job/apprenticeship placement support
- Weekly stipend to help cover transportation, child care, or other needs
- All necessary materials, tools, and clothing
- A safe, non-judgmental environment for women to build skills, gain confidence and explore fields that tend to be male-dominated, but where research shows time and again women have equal abilities to thrive and succeed.
Work with your hands and gain new skills
Expand your female workforce
hOW tO aPPLY / Learn More
Contact Missy Mackin email@example.com / 802-655-8900 x503