Trailblazers: Women in the Construction Trades
All cohorts of Trailblazers are currently full. Check back later this summer for our Fall 2019 trainings!
Vermont Works for Women’s Trailblazers: Women in the Construction Trades prepares women for jobs and apprenticeships in reliable high paying work in construction, electrical, plumbing and pipefitting. The trainings provide a safe, non-judgmental environment for women and gender non-conforming individuals to build skills, gain confidence and explore fields that tend to be male-dominated, but where research shows time and again women have equal abilities to thrive and succeed. Trailblazers is available to individuals 16 years or older, no experience necessary! ARE YOU A WOMAN WORKING IN THE TRADES? LEARN HOW YOU CAN SUPPORT WOMEN MOVING INTO THE TRADES BY BECOMING A MENTOR WITH VERMONT WORKS FOR WOMEN!
- 8 weeks of free hands-on training (held evenings and some weekends) covering core construction, electrical, plumbing, and pipefitting skills, led by women
- Nationally recognized certifications (NCCER Core Curriculum, OSHA 10, First Aid & CPR)
- Access to mentors, job shadows, and one-on-one job/apprenticeship placement support
- Weekly stipend to help cover transportation, child care or other needs
- All necessary materials, tools, and clothing
This training is for you if you want:
- New skills that can provide work in high-demand sectors
- A great job that allows you to work with your hands and see results
- The stability of a career pathway leading to salaries of $70K, plus benefits
March 25 – May 20, 2019
June 4 – August 1, 2019
Contact Missy Mackin firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-655-8900 x503