Youth @ Work
A career exploration and professional skill development program for female and gender-expansive tech center students
Youth@Work is a program for girls and gender-expansive tech center students to develop personal and professional skills and engage in on-the-job internship experiences within a cohort of their peers. Internships introduce students to local employers in industries with low-barrier, lucrative, and growing career opportunities in fields related to their program of study. VWW staff pairs these experiences with monthly workshops designed to prepare youth for long-term success and economic independence into adulthood.
- Gender-informed personal & professional skill development workshops taught by VWW staff
- Up to 24 hours of paid internship experience with a business in students’ fields of study or a career field they wish to explore
- Mentorship opportunities with women and gender non-conforming professionals
- 1:1 coaching session with VWW Career and Employment Services staff
Monthly Workshop Topics:
- Effective Communication
- Motivation, Organization, and Time Management
- Personal Finance
- Self-Advocacy at Work
- And more!
- Monthly workshops, 90 minutes each, 2nd Wednesdays
- Some dates vary based on the school calendar. Back-up dates are pre-scheduled in case of weather.
- Up to 24 hours of paid internship time, April - June
- One hour coaching session with VWW
For questions, more information about the program, or if you are interested in bringing Youth@Work to students at your school, please contact Caelan Keenan, Youth Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-655-8900 ext. 106.