Trades & Career exploration for middle school girls*!
Rosie’s Girls ® is a STEM, trades, and career exploration program for middle school girls and gender-expansive youth entering grades 6-8. At Rosie’s Girls summer camps, participants are introduced to a career field that is non-traditional for their gender through hands-on learning in a supportive and empowering environment. Rosie's Girls is offered in two different themes: Build and Weld.
In addition to trades and technical learning, Rosie's Girls includes a social and emotional curriculum known as "Power Skills." This curriculum is designed to create a space for program participants to grapple with life and societal issues that are relevant to themselves while building capacity around facing and discussing them. Rosie’s Girls also incorporates art, team building, and other fun and games. Rosie’s Girls staff is highly trained in creating a space that is both physically and emotionally safe and empowering for all, and which encourages participants to lift each other up in trying new things and taking risks.
Rosie's Girls summer camp is a week-long day camp offered in communities all across Vermont. Each summer, VWW leads two or three camps, and then partners with schools or community organizations to host Rosie's Girls in an additional two or three communities.
Vermont Works for Women is excited to offer Rosie's Girls Camp in multiple communities across the state this summer! Registration is still open for Rosie's Girls camp at The Mint!
- The MINT in Rutland: July 25th-29th and August 15th-19th, 8:30 am - 4:00 pm *Scholarships Available!*
- American Precision Museum: Every Tuesday, July 12th - August 23, 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm - Sign up Here
- Essex, Rosie’s Girls BUILD, Center for Technology Essex: July 18th - 22nd, 8:30 am - 4:00 pm *Registration Closed*
- Barre, Rosie’s Girls WELD, Central Vermont Career Center: August 1st - 5th, 8:30 am - 4:00 pm *Registration Closed*
- Swanton Elementary School: July 5th-8th, 8:30 am -12:00 pm *Registration Closed*
Please contact Caelan Keenan, VWW's Youth Program Manager, with any camp-related questions.
Health and Safety Protocols
In order to offer in-person camp and maintain the health and safety of campers and staff, here are some of the features of Rosie’s Girls this summer:
- Camp will be 1 week-long, full-day from 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Camp will include a snack and lunchtime. Lunch will not be provided.
- Many games and activities will occur outdoors. Campers should be prepared with sun protection, water, and proper clothing. If your camper needs assistance with these supplies, please let us know.
- BUILD & WELD camps, as well as those hosted by the MINT makerspace, will include the use of power tools. EXPLORE camps in Swanton and Bellows Falls will include mostly hand tools.
- At this time, masks are required for all campers and instructors during indoor activities. As guidance from the Department of Health evolves, VWW will notify families if our Covid-19 safety policies change.
Tuition and Scholarships
The cost of Rosie's Girls summer camp is $400 for our Rutland camps and $340 for camp in Essex. Scholarships are available for Essex participants thanks to local donations.
*Rosie’s Girls programming, both summer and afterschool, is open to female-identifying and gender-expansive youth, including transgender, non-binary, and gender-questioning youth. We recognize that young people are increasingly likely to identify outside of the binary, whether they have the language or space to do so publicly, and we want to be certain that we are providing them with the opportunity to participate in our program if they want to do so. We strive to accommodate youth of all abilities, so please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you are considering participating and might need accommodations of any kind.
Would you like to bring Rosie's Girls summer camps or afterschool programs to your community? Let's partner! Start a conversation with VWW today.
Summer camps are supported in part by grants and individual supporters like you. If you wish to help send a child to camp please visit: vtworksforwomen.org/donate