EMPOWER YOUR YEAR!
Rosie’s Girls® Afterschool is a trades, STEM, and career exploration summer camp and afterschool program for middle school girls*. Through hands-on learning and a research-based social/emotional curriculum called Power Skills, Rosie’s Girls helps youth break down gender stereotypes, develop self-confidence, build connections, and dream big about their futures.
Vermont Works for Women (VWW) is now partnering with schools and organizations to run Rosie’s Girls Afterschool in the 2022-2023 school year. If you are a middle school, career and technical center, or a local community organization, and would like to facilitate Rosie’s Girls Afterschool in your community, please contact Marla Goldstein, VWW’s Youth Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Rosie's Girls Afterschool, girls learn to use tools and work with materials in a variety of themes – from carpentry, to welding, to invention, and more. Power Skills lessons are interactive, group-based, and include topics like Self-Advocacy, Challenge by Choice, Healthy Relationships, and X-Ray Vision (valuing what’s on the inside, instead of outward appearances). The Rosie's Girls curriculum supports the Agency of Education's guidelines on students' personalized learning plans, a blueprint for their future careers.
*Rosie's Girls welcomes into our program anyone who identifies as a girl regardless of assignment at birth. Our programs also welcome youth who are non-binary or gender expansive who are comfortable in a girl-centered space.
- Session length: flexible, 60-90 minutes per week, 8-10+ weeks
- Number of youth: flexible, 6-10 works best
- Partner Fee: sliding scale $150-$750. If this fee is a barrier, or you would like to run more than one session, please contact Marla Goldstein at email@example.com
Program Partners Provide:
- Staffing and program site
- Participation in Facilitator Training (90 minutes)
- Ensure youth complete pre & post surveys which are shared back to VWW
- Basic project supplies (Elmer’s glue, scissors, markers, etc.)
Vermont Works for Women provides:
- Full Rosie’s Girls curriculum of project plans, games, Power Skill activities, and weekly schedule
- Facilitator Training
- Recruitment and registration support as needed
- Ongoing technical assistance for the duration of the program
- Supplies for all Rosie’s Girls themes:
- Project Kits: Wood & Metal; Explore; Invent; Water & Natural Resources.
- Traditional RG: Build or Weld
- Have a project theme of your own? We love new ideas! Rosie’s Girls can work with any STEAM or trades field!
- Rosie’s Toolbox: a loaned bin full of all curriculum materials, posters, and “extras” for facilitators.
For additional details on Rosie’s Girls Afterschool’s design for the 2022-2023 school year, please review this one-page informational sheet. If you are interested in continuing your partnership or becoming a first-time partner for Rosie’s Girls Afterschool, please contact Marla Goldstein at firstname.lastname@example.org.