Vermont Works for Women (VWW) has over 30 years of experience providing support, guidance, resources, and empowerment to women and youth. Recently, we have seen our impact grow and reach new levels of engagement, fueling our motivation to focus our work and develop strategies for maximum impact in the years ahead.
Vermont Works for Women promotes economic justice by advancing gender equity and supporting women and youth at every stage of their career journeys.
We are working to create an equitable Vermont where people of all identities and backgrounds have equal access to opportunities and to thrive economically - where they make confident, deliberate choices about life and work that reflect an expansive grasp of what’s possible.
- Transformative Power of Work: We believe everyone should have equal access to work opportunities in order to make deliberate choices about their careers.
- The Potential Within: We promote self-determination in life and work and support individuals to take positive risks, face challenges, and pursue their interests as they develop a greater notion of what is possible.
- Respect and Growth: We respect the unique skills, contributions, and perspectives of each individual and recognize that change requires ongoing reflection, openness, and effort.
- Gender Inclusivity: We recognize that gender is not binary, and we welcome those who identify as women, girls, transgender, non-binary, gender non-conforming, gender-questioning, and anyone who has experienced marginalization, bias, or barriers due to their gender identity.
- Intersectionality: We recognize that, in addition to gender, many factors shape the lived experiences of individuals in Vermont, including, but not limited to, race, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, ability, socioeconomic status, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, and experiences of trauma and incarceration.
We are committed to:
- Anti-Racism: We commit to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion, and to contributing to the work required to dismantle systemic racism.
- Strenth in Partnerships: We are more powerful and effective when we work as a coalition. Partnerships bolster ingenuity, leverage strengths and resources, and address gaps in services that we cannot alone provide.
- Using Our Voice: We believe in using our voice and experience to raise awareness in the community, advocate for policy improvements, and support our partners’ missions in order to address systemic barriers to economic justice.
We re-centered our mission, vision and values, and developed strategic priorities to guide our program development and ensure we are advancing equity over the coming years. Will you join us in supporting this work and donate today? Together, we can create an equitable Vermont where people of all identities and backgrounds have equal access to opportunities and to thrive economically.